Sunday, June 15, 2008

Are You an Angel?

"In the midst of the most painful faces, Angels show up in the strangest places."

If you do not know my past week was spent serving a family in Bluefield WV. It was such an honor to be able to show the love of Christ to a family face to face. I have given money to charity before but honestly I have not volunteered like this many times. Do not get me wrong, if you donate money to charity that is great, I just have the ability to serve in other ways and have not been fulfilling that obligation.

I will never forget how the son of the home owner told me that, "No one has helped my mother before" and how much this meant to him.

My group had the chance to show the love of Christ to this family for the first time, what an honor but yet what a responsibility! Christ does not love as the world loves; he loves you no matter what. I thought this would be a problem because one little "slip of the tongue" could turn this family away from God.

Then I met Miss Myra and she called us her "little angels." It brought a tear to my eye because I realized what this meant to her. After that I knew that God was working through us and there would be no problems with that!

The point is I became an angel to this family. I made this families life better in a week and next week another group will do the same. Personally I need to reach out more to those who are in need of Christ's love. I am going to try to organize something in the area I live to help people out. If you have any ideas on how to help people shoot me an e-mail.

This is not a story about my week but rather a challenge to you! How will you become an angel?

No comments: