Monday, August 11, 2008

Religious Radicals and Terrorist...

Early this year when I was talking to my Dad about the up coming election I told him how I liked some of Obama's ideas. I should have known better because my Dad is very conservative and this launched us into an argument.

"It's not because he is black I don't like him, it's because he is Muslim."

Continuing with our conversation I asked my Dad if he knew anything about the Muslim culture and he responded by saying he knew that, "a group of them where radicals..."

Which is true, there is a group of Muslims who are radical. There are a group of Muslims who are terrorist and fight for what they believe in but how narrow is that view?

I asked my Dad if he thought that any Christians where radicals. He replied by saying that there where, that "Holy Rollers" and Skinheads where radicals (I agree with Skinheads but some would probably consider me a "Holy Roller" but radical is not necessarily a bad term). Then I asked him if he thought any Christians where terrorist.

"No."

I just walked away to avoid a huge confrontation. As far as I am concerned the War on Terror is terrorism. We are asking God for providence the same way the Terrorist asked Allah for providence on 9-11. What happened to loving our enemies?

We are no better than Osama him self.

1 comment:

Amber Biddle said...

I agree.

What happened to turn the other cheek?

Or thou shalt not kill?

Or anything from the gospels of Jesus?

What happened to Love?