Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I tell you the truth...

I decided to re-read the gospels today. You know I just applied to four bible colleges so I thought it would be a good idea to know what I am getting into. I read up and through Mathew chapter seven and had to stop. There was just so much I had to digest, some of it was overwhelming. Go ahead, I dare you to read Mathew four through seven!

Anyway the one thing that really stuck out to me is a simply phrase Jesus used.

I tell you the truth...

It may not seem like a big deal to you but to me it is everything. My Saviour, my Creator, the one whose sandal I am not worthy to carry, tells me the truth. Lets not cheapen God for a second, if he wanted he could completely ignore me. He does not need me to survive, I need him. He sustains me, not the other way around. Jesus does not need to give me any time at all but he does. To make it all the better he is telling me the truth.

That may not seem to be a lot to you but I have been lied to, a lot. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer, it was all hush hush. My parents did not want to answer my sisters or my own questions. It was hard to cope with the idea of my mom being sick but I did not know what was going on. That is hard.

I am just glad to know when the world is lying and hurting me, Jesus will tell me the truth...

1 comment:

beags92 said...

I really like this. You have great insight.