Thursday, September 4, 2008

God's Grace is Sufficient for ME...

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

God's grace is sufficient for me.

I have been told this several times and I have this to people even more. It is such a fundamental principal of what I believe to be true with God. The other week a friend of mine told me how he messed up big time. He does not believe in God but he some how finds comfort in talking to me about his problems. I do not know why because I usually tell him the same thing over and over again.

Jesus loves you and he forgives you. His grace is sufficient for you.

Although, until yesterday I did not realize that God's grace was sufficient for me. I did at one point but somewhere along the way I stopped believing that. Personally I felt I had been playing the game long enough, that I had been a Christian long enough that I was above God's grace. I know it sounds crazy, I mean the name of my blog is "Amazed by Grace," but I did.

I felt I could not sin, that if I sinned I was not a "good Christian." I am not talking about intentional sinning but unintentional sin. You know sin you do subconsciously. Stubbing your two and swearing. Taking a glance at some unholy places. Thinking poorly about someone. I am not condoning this behavior but saying that somewhere along the way we will screw up and this is where I am weak.

I felt if I committed those sins, which I did, people would realize that I was imperfect, which I am. What is worse I felt that I had to deal with it by myself. I had to stop sinning and stop relying on God. I felt I was above God's grace. That I did need his grace to save me that I could do that on my own.

This is a huge step for me in my walk and I just wanted share it with you.