Thursday, September 18, 2008

You wear your cross like a CROWN!!!

I would just like to start this blog off by saying I hope this does not offend you. As always my blogs are created so that you, the reader, will think a little bit. It is my sincere effort in ever blog I create to not harm anybody but most of my blogs come from personal experience and what I observe in ever day life.

Have you ever noticed the crosses that we wear on necklaces? I have, they are usual made of gold, refined in fire so they are pure and smooth. Some of them have a skinny Jesus hanging on them wearing a diaper, but is this a good depiction of the real cross? NO! Although what I find more alarming is how we wear them...

Being a Christian is about the coolest thing in the world (at least to me) but some Christians take it a little too far. Maybe that is is not the greatest choice of words, maybe they live their lives in a way Jesus would not want them to, is a better way to put it. What I am getting at is they where there crosses like a crown because they are a Christian now and this some how makes them better than others.

Being a Christian is not about being better, it is about being forgiven. More importantly it is about getting into the lives of those who are not forgiven. We should not judge others because of their choice not to follow Christ, we should love them all the same.

Again I hope this blog is not made to offend anybody but to rather probe your thinking. Am I like that? That is what I want you to think because we can better the Christian body if we love more like Christ. I acted like that for years, putting down my friends because they drank and had sex. I acted as if I was better than them and most of my friends that I did that to are not saved and it could be because I acted self righteous.

As always I pray that you can find peace with God.

No comments: