Saturday, September 20, 2008

You wear your cross like a DAGGER!!!

So I am really getting into Norma Jeans new album, the Anti Mother and it is pretty angsty. I like angst, especially when it has to do with Christianity. I consider their words to be constructive criticism for our faith, which we desperately need. On the song "Vipers, Snakes and Actors" there is a line that says "You wear your cross like a CROWN, You wear your cross like a DAGGER," and it has stuck with me. What gives us the right to act like we do?

My last blog was about wearing your cross like a crown but this on is about wearing your cross like a dagger.

A lot of people have done wicked things in the name of God. It is really, really sad to see these things occur. I mean just think about the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials and even the War in Iraq. No wonder the cross offends some people like the swastika offends most, but these things where done in name of God not with God in mind. Anybody can say God approves of their activity but only those who actually consult God knows if he does.

The cross is not about oppression, it is about freedom. Some Christians do not understand God gave us the choice to follow him or not to follow him. Some Christians do not understand if another person does not want to be a Christian it is their choice and their choice alone.

I am not telling you not to be an evangelist but I am telling you to watch how you spread the good news. Jesus never told anybody follow me or else, it was their choice. Christ used love and compassion for those in need, should we not do the same?

I do not want to be like other Christians...

I WANT TO BE LIKE CHRIST!!!

No comments: