Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Breaking the Mold...

I have been told that I break the Christian mold on multiple occasions. I used to like that concept. It meant I was different from any other Christian, I stood out among my fellow brethren. Then I started to think about it and if I in deed did not fit the Christian mold, it was not by my doing. God created me (and not with a mold by the way...he "knit me together in my mothers womb..."). Also I was not trying to be different, I was trying and still am trying to be like Jesus.

I have been told I break the mold because I have long hair. Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus? Those lovely locks where made to head bang!

I have been told I break the mold because I care about the lowly. Jesus lived with the lowest of the lows, dining with prostitutes and tax collectors. Jesus lived then died on a cross in Golgotha so that all people, even the unlovely could find life in Him.

I have been told I break the mold because I interpret the bible in a "fresh new" way.

So I believe that we are obligated to help the needy and when I say help I do not mean give them a little money that you do not need. I mean give them what they need; food, clothing and shelter.

So I believe Jesus when he said "whoever believes in Him (Jesus) shall not perish but receive eternal life." Yes I believe if you believe Jesus is the Son of God and if you confess your sins you will receive eternal life. It does not matter if you are black or white, gay or straight, a killer or a saint, if you believe and confess you will be received into Heaven!

So I believe that it is okay to be a sinner. I am not saying go out and sin but rather it is okay because "all have fallen short of the glory of God." It is okay, Jesus loves you anyway!

So I believe that the Devil is as real as Jesus. A lot of people like to think Satan is this nominal force that does not matter hecause Jesus already defeated death. To an extent that is true. Satan is not a big deal, TO JESUS because he did not sin!

When it comes down to it, the statement anymore makes me sad, upset and utterly sick. If I am sticking out because I am acting like Jesus that means the majority of other Christians are not acting like him.

Here is a list of other Christian (Christianos rather but I do not want to explain that right now...) that "break the mold."

Amber Biddle

Ande Thomas

PM

Tim from Majesty who moved to California (sorry man I do not know your last name...)

Andrew from Majesty (ya if you work or worked at Majesty your last name turns into from Majesty.)

Dan Turny (I think I spelled it wrong...)

Brendan Berkley

Eric Phillips...I do not have a link but he is starting a Church in Pittsburgh!!!

There is a lot more out there and to list you all it would take so much time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks, bro.

here's the link to eric's church:
http://eastendecclesia.org/