Monday, October 27, 2008

I have been putting off this blog...

For the longest time I have been studying my Bible, half heatedly, to find what God thinks of me. It is something that has been important to me but honestly I was afraid to find out. I know that I am a failure to the standards of the world and if I cannot measure up to the world's expectations how can I measure up to God's? My biological Father thinks I am wasting my life so how could my Abba Father feel any different? When it comes to my worth, it is trampled and spat upon without many people knowing it. To make matters worse the "stampeders" are people who are really, really close to me. Family, friends and even my pastors have just made me feel worthless.

I love you all and I am not writing this to make you feel bad but rather to let you know I have found what God thinks of me and you. First let me say it again, I love you all and I forgive you for all you have done, please do not feel bad about the past.

"...to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir."
(Galatians 4:5-7)

God does not have to call us his children but he chooses to. His love for us is just that pure and great that he wants us to be his children.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

Read that again. God takes great delight in me, he will quiet or comfort me with his love and he will sing about me! I am honestly dumb founded how God could sing a song of praise about me. Along with being dumb founded I am relieved because God still loves me. I do not know what I was expecting to find today but I did find my heart. A love for God that I have not felt for a long, long time.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " (Jeremiah 29:11)

What else could I ask for?