Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Does Torrance have Vacancy?

A couple days ago I was having a conversation with my friends about God. It was the usual stuff. Who is God, what does God do and does God exist? Then one of my friends turned to me and asked, "Has God ever spoke to you?"

I replied, "I never heard the audible voice of God, but I have felt his presence, his Holy Spirit!"

With a smirk he stated, "Then you belong in Torrance."

Torrance is a state mental hospital, so he was implying that I am...

...CRAZY...

What makes me laugh is not even a day later, my churches senior high youth program was derailed by the Holy Spirit. We had the night ready to go, Mark was ready to preach, Mr. Brown was ready to run sound, Jessie was running video, I was ready to run worship and then pow. We started to worship and Mark just felt a tug to keep going. The band played a few improve songs and then Mark had us join the rest of the students in Worship. For the rest of the night, we worshiped.

If you where there you would have seen the tears, the joy, the conviction, the screams, the prayers, the Holy Spirit working in the lives of so many young people.

You would of seen...

...a student broken hugging the cross asking for forgiveness...

...another student comforting her...

...a student throwing a way their smokes...

...a student give their life to Christ.

You would have seen...

...the purest and...

...most powerful image of God...

...a human could withstand.

I spent my time that day praying with other students, laying my hand on them. I prayed with one student about their academic struggle and with another student about a burden that has been on their heart. I held student close as they felt the true presence of God and I told them a bout the promises God has made to them. I felt the Holy Spirit that night with so many other people.

I just hope Torrance has open rooms!

No comments: