Sunday, April 27, 2008

...I just felt defeated...

Today I sat in the audio booth of my church where I just felt defeated...

"You are not going to succeed."

"You are going to work at Denny's forever."

"They do not care about you...your friends, family and God...they do not care."

"What does God care about you?"

"You...

worthless

piece

of

shit."

If there is ever an example of spiritual warfare, this is it. The constant barrage of insults that our enemy the devil throws at us. Sometimes we realize what is happening and we are able to stand behind Christ and he will shield us from the enemy. Although, like today, we can believe it. I did.

I felt worthless, like I had no purpose and for one fleeting moment I gave up. I said...

"You win."

I closed my eyes and my heart dropped and as I pictured Christ on the cross for me. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." His friend. I am his friend and he cares for me.

I do not know how many times I forget this but I plead to you, as my friends, do not forget that Christ loves you. He died for you so you can spend eternity with him and for right now. Right this second, do not forget he still wants to be with you. As you are walking this earth you will undoubtedly get lonely but do not forget you got me and Jesus.

No comments: