Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Who am I?

Who am I? It has been a question that has plagued my mind for awhile now. In fact for almost two entire years my mind has been trying to figure out this simple question. Who am I?

I feel called by God to become a minister but who am I to be called by God to do anything?

If you would ask me who I am, I would say...

a sinner...

a slacker...

a nightmare of attitude...

but if you where to ask God, he would say...

Zaq? The deuce? Well he is my beloved!

It is amazing to just hear that God views his children as his beloved. I am mean God has a lot of things to be proud of. In my short life I have gotten to see some of his most amazing works, such as Yellowstone, Philmont and the Garden of the Gods but what gets me after seeing these great creations is the fact the God is more proud of me. He is more proud of you than the Grand Canyon, Mount Everest and the Pacific Ocean and the list goes on.

So who I am?

I am Zaq Phillips, the deuce, created wonderfully and fearfully by my father, God. When God created me he made me to be an underdog in this world so his glory can be seen through me! He also created me with the heart of Paul or should I say Saul? Before being blown away by the Holy spirit for the first time I persecuted Christians for believing in such "idiotic nonsense!" Now I see that I was the Idiot and that I was created to minister to anyone and everyone who needs God's love. I am God's Beloved!

1 comment:

Katie Brown said...

"I will never let you go"