Sunday, April 20, 2008

What is Grace?

In a church setting we use a few words over and over again. Words like covenant, sovereign and grace yet we rarely ever define them. It is kind of like we expect you to know what these words mean. For the most part you can guess what they mean by their context in the bible.

You probably figured out that a covenant was an agreement of some sort but you probably do not know it is a commitment made to God.

You probably figured that sovereign means good but you probably do not know that it is something that is superior, independent and self governing.

So what is grace?

To me grace is everything. Without it I have no hope of being saved. I could work and work as hard as I could to be sinless and I would still falter. I could try to replace my sin with good deeds yet, I would still fall short.

Grace is...

beautiful...

undeserved...

love...

In my life grace is...

a 15 year old being comforted because his mother died...

a 16 year olds depression being healed...

a 18 year olds drug and alcohol abuse being destroyed...

a 19 year old hearing the call to ministry...

a 20 year old choosing to see himself as God sees him...

grace is everything to me!

No comments: