Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Key To Life?!?

Recently, someone who was worried about me said that the key to life is balance. "You need to prioritize, first comes school, then work and in between all that, God."

Now to an extent, this is good advise. It is not good to spend so much time doing one thing that you neglect the others. Although, I am not afraid to say, when it comes to Jesus there is no balance.

When it comes to Jesus in my life, I do not want balance but rather I want him to be weaved into the very fabric of my day. I am tired of having Jesus on my agenda, something to check off my list. Prayer is not a chore and it is something I want to do. I want to be so captivated on my relationship with him that we spend the day doing every thing together.

When I brush teeth in the morning, I want Jesus there!

When I pick out my clothes, I want Jesus there!

When I search for my keys in the midst of my morning routine, I want Jesus there!

When I drive off to school, I want Jesus there!

When I am at freaking Denny's, I want Jesus there!

In class, while I am eating, sleeping, doing my homework, I want Jesus there!

And when I do put some time aside for me and my best friend to reflect on day. When I pray I just want Jesus to come in such a huge way that it blows me away. I want to be so overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit that all I can do is lay there and thank my saviour, my redeemer, my best friend for dying on the cross for me!

Amen!

No comments: