Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Just Want to Go Home!

If you know me well you would probably say that nothing is ever good enough for me. My actions are never as good as they could be; I just feel as if I could be doing more Jesus. You know He died for the sins of the world but I cannot stop dropping the "F-Bomb" when I stub my toe. At times I feel my life is just so petty and meaningless.

For instance, few times a year I get the reigns to teach during a youth ministry event and several times I have blown it. I have prepared what I thought was going to be a firecracker of message that was just going to collide with the worlds of the youth. Like my message was just going to infect the lives of those youth and I end up just standing there, ever eye staring at me as if I am nuts. And I wonder...

Why am I doing this?

Has God really called me?

Can I not just get to heaven already?

At times I just feel so uncomfortable with my surroundings. Like a Jew in Berlin during the 1940's, I roam this earth trying to find my home. There is one problem though, this is not my home. I am a Jew in hostel Berlin during the 1940's but I am okay with that.

You see if I was comfortable with my surroundings then I would be of this world and not of God. If I get comfortable in this earthly tent, sin will engulf me as if someone pulled the tent poles out. Darkness will surround me and I will be stuck looking for the opening of the tent all by myself but there is another option.

Jesus has prepared a room for me in his fathers house and I long to be in it. You see, this place is not my home and I am not comfortable. Life is a path, death is a destination.

"Son, he said, grab your things, Ive come to take you home." Peter Gabriel, Solsbury Hill

No comments: