Tuesday, May 20, 2008

John 17:15-17

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." (John 17:15-17)

That passage can be summed up in 5 words.

In it, Not of it.

In it, Not of it is a popular way to describe Jesus. He is in the world but he is not of it. Jesus is of God created by him. Although are we not the same? As we Christians, are we not the same?

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1)

Summed up, if you believe in Jesus you are forgiven. Better yet, in those areas in your life where you just suck at, Jesus took the blame for them and he gave you his perfection in that area. You are made perfect in the Christ.

You see I know this world has got nothing for me. All I could ever want is with Jesus, in Heaven. While I am here on this earth, I do not want anything that is not in God's plan. I want to be in it but not of it.

I screw up but I am forgiven. Call me what you want. Call me...

Freak...

Screw up...

Sinner...

Bible Humper...

Worthless...

I do not care because I know what Jesus is going to call me at my Judgment...

Faithful Servant.

The only title I care about.

No comments: