Monday, December 22, 2008

Facing fears,,,

"The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)

Freaking hospitable! I hate them. They are disgusting and germy. When I have to go to one (usually to visit someone because I rather die then be in one) I refuse to touch things. I make people nervous because I will not sit down in a chair because that is just disgusting. When I walk down the halls I strategically walk in the center to avoid touching anything. Although if I am going to honest about it, the reason why I hate hospitable is because I spent to much time in them.

If you do not know my Mom died when I was 14 of lung cancer. She was sick for a good two years and during that time she was in and out of the hospitable. I used to visit her in them all the time and it was so hard. That was not my Mom in the hospitable bed, connected to the wall by an IV. My Mom was an active women. She was the PTA President, boyscout committee member, my baseball teams team mom, and these are just my activities she was active in.

My Mom died in a hospitable and since then I have only gone back three times. The first was for my friend Heather. She was having some internal problems but I really cannot remember what to be honest. That was super hard because she was in the same wing that my Mom died in. The second time was for Sammy after her surgery. That was hard because I was making her mom nervous because I was standing, she tried to get me sit. Needless to say I did not sit down. Today was the third time. I went to a nursing home to pass out presents and Christmas Carroll.

It was not to bad, besides almost passing out while singing Come All Ye Faithful. I was there for Jesus and that helped a lot. Visiting people in hospitable is going to be a big part of my career so I better get used to it. Besides what do I got fear if Jesus is my Lord?

1 comment:

Amber Biddle said...

im so proud of you for coming.

thanks for all your help there!