Sunday, December 7, 2008

Persuasion and Propaganda

Persuasion and Propaganda is a class that I elected to take next semester, well I guess that is a bit of stretch. My current speech professor is the professor for it and he insisted that I take it. Last week I met with a councilor to schedule and he sent me to another councilor to schedule. Lo and behold Mr. Culbya, my speech professor, standing in the room I was sent to.

"I am glad you are here because we need to get you into my Persuasion and Propaganda class."

Prior to this I did not plan on taking the class, I just was going to take another literature class. He asked me about and I pretty much just blew it off. He tracked me down. I do not know how but he made sure he was there to schedule me.

"Look, I need you in my class."

I gave speech on poverty that I thought was pretty good. The majority of class thought so as well and one girl told me it was the best persuasive speech she had ever heard. Apparently Mr. Culbya did as well because of that speech he wants me in this class.

"I can see it now, WCCC getting active against poverty."

The class takes a project and tries to persuade our school to get involved in it. Last year it was the organization "Nothing but Nets." This year he wants me to spearhead a project that will help people in poverty. I do not know what we will be doing but I do know I want to make a differnce. I want to make a difference in to those who need help and those who are doing the helping. It is an all to common belief that poverty is Asian, African, South American and Mexican problem but its not. Poverty is our problem.

1 comment:

Zachary Levickas said...

I've always loved that about you duce. you have such a big heart that is so filled with passion that its hard to take it all in. i have great confidence that the fire burning inside you could start a movement. i don't doubt it for a second.