Friday, December 19, 2008

On days like today...

...I like to remind myself of a verse I found about a month ago...

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

It is so hard to separate the noise of the world from the voice of God sometimes. Sometimes I want the voice of the world to be the voice of God, while other times I want the voice of God to be the voice of the world. Then sometimes one is just so loud I cannot hear the other, today was one of those days.

You will never succeed...

You will always be alone...

You have nothing to offer...

God does not love you...

I just have to remind myself this world has nothing for me. The advise, the criticism and the love are void and empty. I know it is cliche and impossible to say I am not going to listen to the world anymore but I am going to try. I am sick of depression, pain and loneliness. God loves me and that is all I need tonight...

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Baba said...

I know the words I say to you will sound cliche, but they are true. When the darkness comes into our minds, we have the power of the Light to banish the darkness from our spirits. Don't believe what darkness whispers in your ear. You know better. You know the Light is is there with warmth and glowing love. Focus there. The job of the Darkness is to make you feel alone, unsuccessful, unworthy and afraid. You have all the tools to grab the Light and hang on.